JEE ( Joint Entrance Exam ) is one of the most prestigious exams in India and is considered one of the toughest exams of the world. While you are preparing for JEE, one must understand the difference between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced format. JEE Advanced purpose is to check in depth knowledge of Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Some Quick Tips to score well in JEE Advanced 2018:
- Forget how much you scored in JEE Mains, whether it went good or bad. Believing in oneself during JEE Advanced preparation is very essential. Focus on the topics you know well, at the same time try to learn and understand other topics in depth before the exam.
- Try to follow the same schedule of the exam. Wake and study during the same hours in which exam will happen. This will boast your capability to work during those hours i.e. 9 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Revision is one the most effective way of learning. Try to revise as much as you can. In JEE Advanced, questions are more application based and in depth knowledge is tested. Try to grasp in depth knowledge of sub topics.
- Try to attempt and test your preparation through previous years JEE Advanced Paper. Try to solve as much previous papers as you can.
- Understand that Integer type question is very important and calculation mistake in it is very common. Try to master your calculation doing capability.
- Do not think that you do not need to sharpen the areas where your strength is. Always revise.
- Ignore the topics that are not part of JEE Advanced Syllabus . To know them Go through this Article.
- Take a proper sleep everyday. 7 hours/day would be enough.
- Stay relaxed and focused. Becoming nervous can decrease your performance to such an extent that you may not even qualify JEE.
- Avoid common mistakes. For example, while attempting one question, don't think of any other question. This negatively impacts your speed while solving a certain question. Also, understand the question very clearly. Don't rush into solving it. Negative marking can severely impact your rank.
- Guessing an answer can prove to be disastrous. Instead, go in for a deterministic rather than probabilistic approach.
- Lastly, do not discuss the questions in the first paper with anyone in the 2 hour lunch break.
- Join InnovED Global JEE Test series. Click Here.
Wish you All the Best!!!
Author: Sandeep Patil
jee advanced 2018
online test series
jee advanced tips